Sunday, March 10, 2019

If I Was King of Sports- 2019 Reno 16

I believe that NCAA Division II basketball should have a second postseason basketball tournament just like Division I does. My proposal would be the Reno 16. There are 8 regions in division II. My proposal would take the top 2 teams in each region that were not selected for the NCAA Division II basketball tournament and send them to Reno. This idea is based off the Vegas 16 tournament that happened in 2017. It was a good idea in my opinion, but division I was just too saturated with postseason tournaments. Many division II teams have excellent seasons, but do not continue; because only 64 teams qualify for the NCAA division II basketball tournament. If I had things my way, I would hold the tournament at the Reno Events Center, but the University of Nevada would be a possibility, too. Having two venues might be a good idea, because one day if by some miracle this tournament actually happened, I would want to have a tournament for the division III teams, as well. In my proposal, I would rank the top 4 teams and then the rest of the games would be chosen at random. I think random choosing would make things more entertaining, but I would want to separate the top-4 teams, that way we don't risk the top-2 teams playing each other in the first round. The teams Atlantic Region 1. Mercyhurst (19-6)-2 2. Slippery Rock (17-9) Central Region 1. Wayne St. (NE) (18-9)-1 2. Sioux Falls (18-11) East Region 1. Bentley (19-10)-3 2. Bloomfield (19-9) Midwest Region 1. Indianapolis (16-8) 2. Ferris St. (16-11) South Central Region 1. Newman (16-8) 2. Dixie St. (16-8) South Region 1. Eckerd (17-9) 2. Barry (14-10) Southeast Region 1. Lincoln Memorial (19-8) 2. Belmont Abbey (19-7) West Region 1. Northwest Nazarene (16-7)-4 2. Azusa Pacific (19-10) The Bracket Newman vs. (1) Wayne St. (NE) Bloomfield vs. Barry Indianapolis vs. Dixie St. Eckerd vs. (4) Northwest Nazarene Slippery Rock vs. Lincoln Memorial Sioux Falls vs. (3) Bentley Ferris St. vs. Belmont Abbey Azusa Pacific vs. (2) Mercyhurst

No comments: